5 Reasons Why the Holidays Are the Best Time for an Online Psychic Reading
30 Types Of Psychic Abilities And What They Mean
Most people are familiar with psychics and their ability to see future events or uncover secrets from the past, but most aren’t clued in on the range of psychic abilities and powers that exist.
So what are the different types of psychic abilities, and what do they actually mean?
1. Apportation - The ability to transfer an object from one place to another.
2. Astral Projection - The ability to have an out of body experience, through an “astral body,” which is a soul separate from the physical body, and to travel through other universes.
3. Aura Reading - The ability to see a field of energy around a person or place, which relates to what’s going on within that object on a deeper level.
4. Automatic Writing - The ability to produce written words deriving from a spiritual, occult, or subconscious agency.
5. Clairaudience - The ability to hear a spirit speaking to you in your mind or environment, which are beyond the range of human hearing.
6. Claircognizance - The ability to know something, often without memory of how you got to know it or why you know it.
7. Clairgustance - The ability to taste something without having anything physically in your mouth.
8. Clairolfaction - The ability to access paranormal information through smell (a form of extra-sensory perception).
9. Clairsentience - The ability to clearly sense energy from beyond the physical.
10. Clairvoyance - The ability to perceive things beyond the natural realm of perception, which others cannot. This includes visions, spirits, and auras.
11. Divination - The ability to use supernatural powers or interpret omens to forsee the future.
12. Dowsing - The ability to explore the energies of people and places, in this universe and beyond.
13. Energy medicine - The ability to channel healing energy, which can be used as an alternative medicine for a patient.
14. Hydrokinesis - The ability to manipulate water.
15. Levitation (or transvection) - The ability to defy gravity and rise into the air (or cause an object or person to rise).
16. Mediumship - The ability to communicate with spirits.
17. Precognition - The ability to know of something in advance of its occurrence, especially through extrasensory perception.
18. Prophesy - The ability to foresee what will happen in the future, and produce a statement detailing this.
19. Psychic Channeling - The ability to receive and relay information from an outside entity while in an altered state of consciousness.
20. Psychic Empathy - The ability to take on other’s emotions around you, and feel them deeply inside as your own.
21. Psychic Surgery - The ability to heal a patient from disease or ill health, through energetic “surgical” changes, which don’t involve surgical incisions.
22. Psychometry - The ability to discover facts about an event or person by touching inanimate objects associated with them.
23. Pyrokinesis - The ability to manipulate fire.
24. Remote Viewing - The ability to acquire accurate information about a place, person or event without using your physical senses or any other obvious means.
25. Retrocognition - The ability or occurrence of seeing into the past, which could not have been learned through normal means.
26. Second Sight - The ability to see the future, or the events of a distant place, through a vision.
27. Scrying - The ability to discover the future, often through using the aid of a crystal ball.
28. Telekinesis - The ability to move objects or change the shape of them, using the power of the mind.
29. Telepathy - The ability to communicate with someone, or read their mind, without speaking, writing, or using any signals.
30. Thoughtography - The ability to produce photographic images and print them onto surfaces, directly from the mind.
How to Tell If You Have Psychic Abilities
If you’re particularly intuitive, able to easily empathize, or pick up on certain energies, you might find yourself wondering whether you have been gifted with psychic abilities.
Certain situations can often be labelled as a coincidence, while others can be too unusual to ignore. To a certain extent, many of us possess enhanced psychic abilities in one form or another, but here are the most characteristic signs to look out for.
- Intuition - If you’ve ever thought of someone, only to have them ring or text you moments later; or you’ve predicted something happening before it did, that’s a sign you have a high level of intuition.
- Visions - If you’ve ever seen images from the past, present or future, while conscious or dreaming.
- Mind reading - Do you find you often finish people’s sentences or think certain thoughts only for them to be spoken by someone moments later? This is an example of telepathy, one of the biggest forms of psychic communication.
- Guides - If you’ve ever heard voices in your head, these could be angels, spirit guides, or even your loved ones who have passed trying to communicate with you.
- Auras - If you’ve ever seen a bright display of color around someone, it’s a strong sign that you’re psychic. These colors will tell you how a person is feeling emotionally, or what their true character is.
- Déjà vu - Feeling like you’ve experienced a place, person, or a moment already even though you haven’t, can be a sign you have some kind of psychic power.
- Sensitive to energy - If you’re able to strongly feel other people’s emotions and experience them as deeply as they do, it’s a sign that you may be more than just empathetic.
Find out If You’re Psychic
Ever wanted to put yourself to the test, and find out if you possess psychic powers? There are a few online tests you can take to see how good you are at predicting the future and communicating with spirits.
The ESP Test
This test involves guessing which color will appear next on screen, and only takes a few minutes to complete. The results will reveal whether you have extra sensory perception. Your score will be displayed after you’ve made 10 predictions, and you’ll get an explanation of what that score means.
Are You A Psychic Test
This test asks a series of questions, and will score you on a range of categories including telepathic communication, clairvoyance, awareness of spirits, and pre-cognitive abilities.
How Can I Develop My Psychic Abilities?
Learning more about the different types of psychic abilities which we explored earlier will help you to focus on the one that you feel most connected to.
There are a number of practices you can do to hone your psychic abilities, such as:
- Believing in yourself
- Developing a positive mindset at all times
- Meditating and going into a deep state of relaxation
- Resolving any internal or external conflict
- Overcoming any fears you have surrounding your gifts
Like any skill, the more you practice, the likelier you are to succeed and see your psychic abilities strengthen.
Spend some time further exploring the psychic world and the many different abilities that exist, and see what speaks to you.
Remember, gifts like these are not to be feared, and are given to people for a reason. If you do possess psychic powers, choose to embrace them today and use them wisely.